Cephas Family

Laguna Beach Photographer

My parents and I decided to make an afternoon out of my Laguna Beach photoshoot for the Cephas Family (they watch my kids while I work... win win for everyone). I told my dad that I was meeting them near the basketball courts and he said, in his very 'i know everything voice,' "you know its really crowded down there, you're gonna have people everywhere." I smiled and said, "dont worry dad, leave it to the professional." He laughed and realized that I actually know what I'm doing. Its hard as a parent to realize that your kids might know something more than you... It's a really good thing that my kids dont! (at least not yet.... or is that just in my "controlling" head). I'm sure they will someday, but I'm going to savor every moment where I'm right, no matter what! =)

Now, Shelly Cephas is one of my old time friends. I can say that now because we've known each other for almost 4 years. I've done pictures of her since Trajan was 6 months old. Now he's 4!!!! Maybe I'm getting so nostalgic because as her family grows up, that means my family is growing up. I still remember when our kids were babies crawling around my loft and now they're SO big! BUT... it is one of my favorite things about my job, I get to see families grow, kids grow up, parents stay in love and the "american dream" thrive. I dont mean the dream of riches, a house or nice cars, but the dream of family, love, joy and all the happiness that you can see in Shelly's family.

I wasn't going to do pictures of my whole family this year, but I think I might have to after seeing Shelly's. How could I not! Memories.... the most important thing we can treasure.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


0 comments: